At first glance, it is dense. A red ruby predominates, and only a slight purple glow gives a sign of the personality that has settled in the glass. Under the mild smoke of charcoal, the first scent announces sanguinaccio, boudin noir, blood sausage mixed with finochio, smoked pork sausage with fennel.
The second time exposed to the scent begins with olive fruit intertwined with violet flowers and ends with a fern-spicy-herbal ending of Mediterranean macchia.
Undoubtedly Teran in the mouth. Fresh, fruity, slightly tannic, and smooth. The dark horse of Istrian winemaking in the expression of the Trapan winery justifies the use of this term.
- Grape type: 100% TeranGrape type: 100% Teran
- Alcohol: 14,0 vol%
- Region, Position: Western Istrian vineyards, Cuf near Šišan, Pula
- Vinification: Careful crushing of the grapes, “cold soak” for 4 days, 10 days maceration, fermentation under controlled conditions (22 – 24ºC). Followed by malolactic fermentation (MLF) in wooden barrels.
- Maturation: 12 months in barriques barrels of French oak. Bottled unfiltered and aged 120 days in bottles.
- Pairing with food: Slice of Istrian prosciutto, fattier aged cheese with truffles, pork loin and Istrian sausages, pork belly slow and long baked in a vacuum with Mediterranean herbs, tuna (bonito) baked in the oven or on the grill with black olives and rosemary.
- Serving temperature: 14 – 18 ºC
There are no boundaries for us!
What sets our story apart from others that adore Istria as we do is that we really know how to bring her closer to you. Through Terramagica our mission is to give you the best from Istria, with the best possible conditions. This is not just fantastic products, but - an overall experience!
Through stories we tell and the service we provide, you can experience Istria wherever you’re staying: whether it’s in your favorite villa located by the sea, in a hidden corner of the forest overlooking the endless vineyards, or on a yacht anchored in a marina in your favorite Istrian town.
Safe and secure payments