From € 25,46
Structured white wine for meditative enjoyment. Dedicated to the tradition and with its misted golden-yellow color, it represents the step away from modern fresh Malvasia. The complexity of the vine is gradually revealing itself after the opening, and it relates to associations with citrus fruits, lemongrass, and other spices. Dry, warm, and soft, with excellent minerality and a full body.
Enjoying Istraditional served in a wide burgundy glass reveals the gentle scent gradually opening to associations with clementines, lime zest, lemongrass, and other spices.
Dedicated to the tradition, it visually represents a step away from modern fresh Malvasia, blurred in a golden-yellow tone. Notes of dried ferns, quinces baked on wood, a little dried pea, then dry mold, and a note of caramel are mixed with notes of dried apricot and a hint of honey. The wine is dry, warm, and soft, while on the other hand has a robust freshness. Present tannins have excellent minerality and a full body. The wine is balanced, the intensity is pronounced, and the taste is very long-lasting.
This truly complex emulsion of Malvasia Istriane reveals a balance on a deeper level and requires little time in which the suppressed energy is gradually released as the wine opens and changes.
The wine was macerated for 9 days and then aged for 12 months in barrels. Maturation in the bottle lasted for the next four to six months before it arrived on the market. The wine has not undergone the process of filtration and has kept the misted golden-yellow color.
The wine won the Gold Medal in the category of macerated Malvasia at the 22nd festival “Festival Malvasia” held in Portorož in 2020.
- Grape type: Istrian Malvasia
- Alcohol: 14 vol%
- Region, Position: Western Istrian vineyards, Cuf near Šišan, Pula
- Vinification: After careful destemming, the skins of the grapes are broken by crushing, followed by cold maceration that takes 9 days at 10°C. Fermentation at the temperature of 13,5°C and then ‘sur lie’ and ‘batonage’ method are applied with acacia barrels.
- Maturation in a bottle: 120-180 days
- Serving temperature: 9 - 13°C
- Pairing with food: raw white fish in citrus and olive oil marinade; spaghetti vongole; dondole mussels; breaded monkfish with grilled vegetables; chicken risotto with zucchini, roasted chicken and french fries, sauteed rabbit or frogs, veal steak with chard and potatoes
Gold Medal in the category of macerated Malvasia at the 22nd festival “Festival Malvasia” held in Portorož in 2020.
There are no boundaries for us!
What sets our story apart from others that adore Istria as we do is that we really know how to bring her closer to you. Through Terramagica our mission is to give you the best from Istria, with the best possible conditions. This is not just fantastic products, but - an overall experience!
Through stories we tell and the service we provide, you can experience Istria wherever you’re staying: whether it’s in your favorite villa located by the sea, in a hidden corner of the forest overlooking the endless vineyards, or on a yacht anchored in a marina in your favorite Istrian town.
Safe and secure payments